The Family Centre provides services and support for parents and carers with children under five. We are a place to meet professionals and other parents, to get advice and information.
What the Family Centre offers:
Family Centre services available to all:
- Baby groups
- ‘PEEple Learning Together’ groups
- Breastfeeding support
- Training, volunteering and support into work
Partnership with other agencies:
- Well-baby clinics – West Berkshire Health Visitors Baby Weighing Clinic
- Drop-in Speech Therapy – Berkshire NHS Speech Therapy Services
Family Centre services for families with identified needs:
- Parents of children with additional needs – Advice and a Slice session
- Low self-esteem, course for women with low self-esteem – BOOST course
- Parenting Skills – Family Support
- Parenting Course – Incredible Years course
- Dads and male carers – BOOST for Men course & Dad and Me session
- Wellbeing – Supporting you on your journey with Walking groups to Peer volunteer training
Hungerford Nursery School holds the Service Level Agreement from West Berkshire Local Authority to lead and provide Family Centre Services for Hungerford and its surrounding area. This includes the villages of Lambourn, Great Shefford, Enborne, Kintbury, Inkpen and East Garston.
Hungerford and Area Family Centre is part of West Berkshire Family Hubs – which are focused on supporting parents with children 0-5 years. Our services cover a 160 suare mile area.