Baby massage is a longstanding parenting tradition in many cultures, including Indian and African, and was introduced to the western world during the last 30 years, gaining in popularity in the UK since the late 1990’s.
Baby massage is when a parent or primary carer lovingly strokes or holds their baby. The massage offers a wonderful experience and a special time to communicate both verbally and non-verbally with babies, so that they feel loved, valued and respected.
Benefits of Baby Massage:
For your baby
- Helping your baby to feel securely attached
- Helping your baby to feel more loved, valued and respected
- Reduced crying and emotional distress
- Increased levels of relaxation and longer sleep
- Development of body awareness and coordination
- Relief from wind, colic, constipation and teething discomfort
- Feeling closer to your baby
- Gaining a deeper understanding of your baby’s behaviour, crying and body language
- Providing an enjoyable opportunity to spend one-to-one time with your baby
- Feeling the relaxing effects of giving your baby a massage
- Increased confidence in your ability to care for and nurture your baby
- Learning a life-long parenting skill
This five week course is open to all parent/carers and their babies; places will be limited, so please do not delay to book.
Our next course will be taking place on:
Thursday 16th November 2017. 12.30-2.30pm
at The Hungerford and Area Family Centre,
The Croft, Hungerford, RG17 0HY
How to book your place:
Telephone the Family Centre on: 01488 682628 or email: email@example.com or Click here to Book Online
The course costs £25; please pay at your first session, however, we would never want cost to be a barrier to attending our courses, so please do get in touch if you would like to discuss this further